Hi all, Mima here!
In today’s video I demonstrate how to create a windows 10 virtual machine and replicate two more using Hyper-V Manager.
0:00 - 0:54 - Intro
0:54 - 3:22 - Create VM
3:22 - 5:05 - Install OS
5:05 - 8:28 - Replication
8:28 - 9:20 - Outro
Steps to setup a virtual machine using Hyper-V Manager:
1. Click NEW at the top right, select virtual machine
2. Name the new VM
3. Decide if you want Gen1 or Gen2
4. Select a starting point for memory, decide if you want to enable dynamic memory
5. Select the network adapter that you desire
6. To create a new VM, select CREATE NEW VIRTUAL DISK. Name the vhd, select the size and destination
7. If you have the operating system on a physical disk to an iso, select it. You can also choose to install later
8. Last step summarizes the virtual machine
Once the VM is created, you can connect and power on. If you already selected the OS, the virtual machine will begin the installation process. In this case, I chose to install a windows 10 OS.
Steps to replicate an existing virtual machine using Hyper-V Manager:
1. Go to the virtual hard disk destination in File Explorer
2. Copy the vhd that you want to replicate
3. Paste the vhd in the desired destination
4. Once the copy is ready, rename it
5. In Hyper-V, create a new virtual machine
6. Go through the wizard (see above)
7. On the vhd option, choose to select an existing one - select the vhd that you renamed.
8. Review the summary and click finish
More to come, stay safe