CompTIA Network+ ce
Issued: June 2014
CompTIA A+ ce
Issued: July 2014
MCSA: Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
Issued: August 2016
California State University, Long Beach
2010 - 2012
Major: B.S. Anthropology
While attending Long Beach State, I took in the full college experience! I participated in many on campus activities and joined various academic clubs. I decided to major in Biological Anthropology - I've always had a fascination with monkeys and apes, it was the perfect choice for me! My last semester, I decided to add a computer science course to challenge myself - that was a major turning point in my life.
Graduation is always an emotional time. Although it is scary leaving your comfort zone and entering unknown territory, I was exciting because I knew what I wanted to do, so I joined the IT industry!
Long Beach City College
2007 - 2010
A.A. Liberal Studies
Like many students fresh out of high school, I did not know what career path to follow. I knew I wanted to continue my education - I wanted to attend a university, but I did not have a defined direction at the time.
I attended LBCC and completed the general ed courses required in order to be eligible to transfer. I ranked up courses to receive an A.A. in Liberal Studies and chose to attend CSULB!
Feb 2020 - Present
• Manage equipment in two data centers - including network infrastructure, servers, and software.
• Administer network monitoring system, alerting, log management, and other IT systems.
• Maintain PCI compliance, HIPAA compliance, and other security/compliance standards/audits.
• Work with engineering to develop and deploy new or improved infrastructure components.
• Develop and maintain documentation.
Field Systems Engineer
Mar 2017 - Feb 2020
• Communicate and coordinate with clients to schedule onsite and remote support
• Self-assign support tickets and complete tasks independently
• Install and maintain workstations, servers, , mobile devices and network devices such as routers, switches and firewalls
• Troubleshoot and resolve server and network related hardware & software problems
• Setup and configure remote monitoring tools
• Add domain users, email accounts, and other applications requiring login credentials
• Add and update documentation of existing and future clients and systems
POS Software Engineer
• Support the Store Applications and assist in addressing Xstore System concerns
• Analyze and triage calls tickets and work with Xstore users
• Create documentation and SOP's for all procedures and fixes
• Use Microsoft SQL, HTML, CSS, Java to debug Xstore System
• Manage and maintain various Windows Servers - 2008 r2, 2012
• Provide solution for network issues - DNS, DHCP, VPN, routing
• Configure Active Directory and basic group policy
• Use ConnectWise to document issue and steps to solve the problem.
CCTV Support Specialist
• Phone support for installers and end users
• Troubleshoot CCTV equipment and networks remotely using TeamViewer
• Organize and document tickets using Track-It software
• Knowledgeable in surveillance equipment - DVRs